Monday 1 August 2011

Funny Conversation

I have some very interesting conversations with my children!  Some leave me dumbfounded and some have me in fits of laughter.  Below are a few of the most recent ones.

The day after my 3 year old daughter’s birthday:

D - Where’s my present?

Me - You haven't got a present today because your birthday was yesterday.

D - Oh, I want my birthday today.

Me - You will have to wait until next year.

D - But I want it today though

Me - Well you can't have two birthdays, only the queen has two birthdays.

D - When I am bigger I am going to be the queen.

And with that she flounced off! 


I have no idea how this conversation came about with my 5 year old son:

S - Fingers are silly

Me - Are they?  Why is that?

S - Because they get in the way

Me - But how would you eat without fingers?

S - Like this (demonstrates using his thumb and hand)

S - I am going to chop them off

Me - That might hurt

S - Oh. Ok I'll keep my fingers then

I have also come to realise that conversations with my children tend to have a habit of getting out of control.  We never had the why phase but my son continually asks "what does that word mean?" and very often I have no answer for him as I can't explain what a specific word means without saying it.

On another note I am entirely fed up with the word actually.  Both children seem to like the phrase "actually mummy" or "It’s not actually mummy".  At first it was funny but now I have had enough.

Please let me know about some of the funny conversations you have had, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have your thoughts!